Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Updated Dead Space 2 First Impressions

            Dead Space 2 has given me mixed emotions thus far. Many times those emotions are fear, surprise, and self-pity, because of the former emotions. The rest of the time had me excited, thrilled, and blown away, at some points saying, “This is the best game ever.” Granted many of those statements were spur of the moment, Dead Space 2 is easily one of the best games I have played this generation, and it is already up there on my all time list. I still have most of the game to go, but here is an update for what I have gone through so far.
            The story is much improved over the first game. Isaac is struggling not only with his dementia; he is struggling to survive against the leader of the Sprawl who is trying to kill him and the necromorphs who are trying to kill everyone. Set pieces are much more varied and are more than boss fights. They have also improved the horror. For example, upon entering a room the lights go out. In the first game, you could easily wait in a safe corner and have the necromorphs come to you. This time you are forced to slowly make your way through as now they wait for you. Only when you get to the end and your guard is down you are attacked, one necromorph, but that was all it took.
            I will have more as soon as I finish the game, but this is just a quick update. This is not a review and I know I have not finished the game, but expect this to get a good score…a really good score. If you haven’t already, pick this game up.

No comments:

Post a Comment