Monday, January 24, 2011

Coming soon to a Playstation 3 near me.

            Well Dead Space 2 and Two Worlds II both launch on Tuesday. I'd like to say I could be more excited, but I don't think I could do my day to day if I was. I like scary games, I don't know why, but I do. Dead Space was the only scary game I played through a second time, and one of the few games where I went for thirds.
Something about the combination of action and horror just keeps me coming back for more. Now with the addition of multiplayer, no matter how obscure it may be, there will be even more reason to revisit what is quickly becoming one of my favorite franchises of all time.

            Two Worlds is a funny story. The game was so broken, so buggy, so bad...but it was damn fun to play if you were willing to look past it all. I was not only willing to look past, I was willing to finish and then take the time to see if a sequel would, by some miracle, be releasing. To my surprise, Two Worlds II. Though it was originally going to be a substantial expansion to the original game, Topware decided that they were going to go all out and make a true sequel to the original game. That included rebuilding the engine from the ground up. Not only does the game look better, it looks less buggy and it looks to be more stable overall. They even took the time to add new features like an online city builder where you and a friend can build your own city and rule over it as just or tyrannical leaders. Something about the first game made me like it, to this day I'm not entirely sure what, I just hope that Two Worlds II has the same charm as the original.

            It is very likely I'll have reviews for both of these in the near future (well Dead Space 2 at least). If anyone is on the edge about either game, give them a look when they hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment