Tuesday, January 25, 2011

First Impressions

Well as everyone knows, Dead Space 2 and Two Worlds II released today. Heres a few things on each.


Dead Space 2:
Only played a little bit of this. Tried the multiplayer first and wasn't blown away. Don't get me wrong it was pretty fun, but the claustrophobic hallways and the overall gameplay don't lend themselves entirely well to fast paced competitive action. My short time with the single player left me with a few scares and a greater anticipation for the remainder of the game, and I haven't even gotten my suit yet. Definitely looking forward to more of this.

Two Worlds II:
My even shorter time with this game has left me a bit disappointed and I haven't even really played yet. There are clearly server problems or peer to peer issues with the Adventure multiplayer mode as I was unable to join a friends game after several tries. When we gave up on that, we joined a deathmatch, only to be slaughtered in a single hit by two level 11 players. We later found that the US servers were not entirely up yet, so a partial excuse, but still not a very good one.

I'll be delving into the single player campaigns more tomorrow and hope to finish Dead Space 2. It also slipped my mind that Dead Space 2 on the PS3 comes with Dead Space Extraction, so expect something on that soon as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment